Randy Alcorn, in his very readable and insightful, “The Treasure Principle” lists Treasure Principle Keys relating to our attitudes on giving. I’ve reproduced his list here:
1. God owns everything. I’m His money manager. We are the managers of the assets God has entrusted – not given- to us.
2. My heart always goes where I put God’s money. Watch what happens when you reallocate your money from temporal things to eternal things.
3. Heaven, not earth, is my home. We are citizens of a better country – a heavenly one” (Hebrews 11:16).
4. I should live not for the dot but for the line. From the dot – our present life on earth – extends a line that goes on forever, which is eternity in heaven.
5. Giving is the only antidote to materialism. Giving is a joyful surrender to a greater person and a greater agenda. It dethrones me and exalts Him.
6. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving. God gives us more money than we need so we can give – generously.
If you would like to watch any of the three sermons on giving you can view them by clicking here. They are titled, Buried Treasure, The Myth About Giving, and Getting Started.
Please come visit if you live in or near any of the following towns: Franklin Lakes, Oakland, Wayne, Prospect Park, Haledon, North Haledon, Paterson, Midland Park, Glen Rock, Fair Lawn, Saddle Brook, Paramus, Ho-ho-kus, River Edge, New Milford, Bergenfield, Oradell, Westwood, Cliffwood Lake, Closter, Ridgewood, Washington, Allendale, Upper Saddle River, Saddle River, Ramsey, Mahwah, Pompton Lakes, Pompton Plains and more.
Powerhouse Christian Church is a non-denominational church holding high the authority of God’s word and welcoming all people!